"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Friday, November 30, 2012

A season of mindfulness: Day 1


December 1st is tomorrow; most Advent calendars begin on that day. Most churches recognize Advent's beginning on the Sunday 4 weeks before Christmas Day. I am starting today.

My heart has been called to do some deep house cleaning; body and soul. I am reaching out for that golden ring as I ride this merry go round, as we do everyday we live on this Earth. I know I won't ever hold that ring in my hand but I can, at the very least, touch it with the tips of my fingers. Lately, I've been feeling as though my efforts have been deteriorating......I've been less excited about my spiritual health. I've been guilty of just trolling along, walking in the same rut I always do, hardly deviating from my course. This isn't who I am, I am so much more than that. Granted, I have been a bit busy; Mama to 5, wife to 1, student, caretaker, Community member........I'm finding that I've been giving less and less of myself because I've been trapped in the quagmire of monotony. This changes today. I'm not taking on more. I'm simply heading inward and listening to the needs of my soul; the messages I ignore everyday as a result of putting out so much.....I need to fill up my vessel. Don't get me wrong, I am truly satisfied with my life, in fact I am more than satisfied. I have amazing children, I love my days and nights with them. My husband is so loving and kind. I have wonderful friends and family. I love my school and all that I'm learning. That being said, I still feel less connected to self. I don't really remember so much about what makes me.......me, spiritually. Life's pace is moving along at warp speed......I desperately want to slow it down.

For this Advent season and into Epiphany I will be working deeply within myself.......honestly fulfilling my desire to be completely mindful and attentive to my Spirit and those I walk with on this Earth. Like the Elementals that have returned to the Earth, I will return to myself.  Follow along here on my blog if you feel called to do. You can also follow along on Facebook as well as Instagram. I will do my best to post daily, if only a picture or poem that has inspired my regeneration. Other ways I will honor my Spirit daily will be to go on as many walking meditations as I am allowed (weekly if not daily), I will get back into daily journaling, and allowing myself 15 minutes of quiet time in the morning before the house wakes in the morning. I will continue to feed my soul by doing the things I love the most but doing them more often:: creating with my littles, playing the piano, finding ways to connect deeper with my older children, getting back into yoga/pilates, finishing off my Reiki certification, singing, dancing with my husband and praying.  This little list serves as a reminder that I am headed in the right direction. This truly is just more about giving me to myself.  Seeking out that inner peace that I strive for in my waking moments in all the roles I play. In what ways do you give you to yourself?

For today I am beginning by holding onto this meditation from White Bison::

**"Someone must speak for them. I do not see a delegation for the four footed. I see no seat for eagles. We forget and we consider ourselves superior, but we are after all a mere part of the Creation."
 
~ Oren Lyons, ONONDAGA
Whenever we make decisions, we need to look around to see who would be affected. If we change the course of a river, who, what will be affected? If we put poison on the gardens, who, what will be affected? If wee cut the trees and too many are cut, who, what will be affected? We need to become aware of the consequences of our actions. We need to pay attention to our thoughts. We are accountable to our children to leave the Earth in good shape.**
 
 
What decisions are you making? How will they effect those around you? Have you taken responsibility for your actions, honestly and fully? How will you make better decisions during this season of Advent? After Advent? I challenge you to honor your Spirit by committing only to what is honest and true, be humble, don't be more or less than you are right now xo

2 comments:

  1. absolutely amazing. such beautiful words. i guess it is a good time to go inside yourself and rediscover YOU. i have been feeling this way as well. i am so many things to so many people. i find myself "escaping" into the computer some days just to be "alone" and yet it doesn't fill me up. maybe instead of staying up until 1 am, i should get up early, with the sun (or before it now) and sit in silence, be with myself instead of allowing things to distract me and make me feel less connected.
    i think i will be joining you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to have you here with me! Let's keep connected. It's always more inspiring to have a partner along with you than to travel alone. Sometimes you need aloneness.....but too much becomes isolating! Join me :)It will be ever so life changing xoxo

      Delete

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...