"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Season of Celebrations

Our Season of Celebrating has begun! The Autumn Equinox (along with Michaelmas) is the official kick-off to an abundance of seasonal celebrations. So far.......so good!


Our Michaelmas season has been quite profound. We've each had a good look at the dragons in our life. We've stared them down, honored their presence in our moments, and have made steadfast and brave attempts to tame them. Our big kids have really been able to understand and acknowledge this seasonal shift in their days. The each are aware of how their dragons effect them and are being tested, everyday, in an attempt to practice their taming capabilities. It's been a wonder to watch but it has also been a bit overwhelming to lend them a hand and shine some light on their path. I am a firm believer that they are still connected enough to feel their way through an event. They each hear that little voice that prompts them to act in love and avoid the negative.  Sometimes their voice is muddled but they've proven to be courageous in their ability to listen more deeply.

 
 
As we come to closure with St. Michael we welcome in our multitude of birthdays. When one door closes, another one opens!! The first in our cycle of birthdays was that of my beloved husband. His was a full day of preparations and a full evening of celebration. Bella had invited some of her closest friends over (5 to be exact) for an impromptu sleepover. So in total we had 13 sitting around our table eager to sing a hearty "Happy Birthday" to my husband. It was loud and full of laughter. There was much to be grateful for on that day.......as always, I am ever grateful for the day he was born and the life he chose to create with me.


Our next celebration is less than a week away. We will, and I will forever be astonished, celebrating the birth of not only myself but also that of KiKi!! KiKi was not only our most super, special, most amazing surprise baby but when my birthday rolled around 3 years ago I didn't think for a moment that I was actually in labor!!! Her birth was a total surprise. We just barely made it to the hospital in time........it was pure magic! Our KiKi........full of magic and surprise xo



The Autumn time marks the beginning of so much........it truly could not be any more special in my eyes. The colors changing, along with the weather. The fragmented sunlight, the flavors, the smells........ahhh, the woodstove!!! I love everything this time of year has to offer. For me, it's my new beginning. My slate is cleaned, my heart renewed.

I would love to hear how you honor and celebrate the change to Autumn (or Spring if you're in the Southern half!!)

1 comment:

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...