"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekly Gratitude


It's been another long while since I was able to post here. I'm grateful for the ability to write when  I can and visit my space here in blogland! I am grateful for the ever changing creative forces within me that wax and wane like the moon; sometimes ever present and sometimes only a shadow remains. I am grateful for the moments I have that I can share my truest self and be in a beautiful space of mindfulness, aware and present. I am grateful for the books I am reading, for the love of my husband, for the life of a dear soul who is now dancing among the stars.

I am grateful for these words today::
 
"I feel a foreign force fruiting,
Strenghtening to give me to myself.
I sense the seed ripening
And light-filled prescience weaving
Within me on my selfhood's power."
 
Week 21:: August 26 - September 1 2012
From Rudolf Steiner's Calendar of the Soul
 
 
As always, feel free to share what it is you are grateful for today in the comments below xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...