"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekly Gratitude


Even though the weather has turned to a more seasonable Spring (read rainy and cold!) I am waking up this morning and feeling so grateful. I try to be very mindful of the many blessings in my life, sometimes the hardships may overshadow but somewhere deep inside I know that saying "Don't sweat the small stuff" is so true. When we struggle sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of a long week of meetings, arguments, dealing with angry, disconnected people, seeing others struggle, holding our children while they go through their own hardships, sickness. I'm not trying to depress things even further but it's true! There's no denying that life can be challenging.

I've been meaning to find a way to honor the Sabbath, our one day of "rest". I know some folks still work on Sundays or have other chores and errands that need to be kept up with. Sundays aren't what they used to be........lives would slow down, a family might attend church, come home and have a family meal, the kids would play, the adults would sit and chat. Life went much more slowly! This is my attempt to slow it down at the beginning of a new week and honor this last weekend day to be together as a family, listen, breathe, play, laugh, and be grateful.

Today I am grateful for listening to my love sing silly songs with the littles, spending time with friends whom we haven't seen in a while, learning new crafting techniques, welcoming the big kids home, feeling our new baby roll around inside my belly, all the amazing souls and kindred spirits who have inspired me this past week, and laughter.

Welcome to Gratitude! If you feel called to join along please link up below with any post that expresses your gratitude and reverance for the "little things" in your life. Share on your blog, spread the word on Facebook or any other social outlet. Let's slow it down and enjoy our moments and remember to be thankful for the little things........maybe someone who's feeling low might be inspired to realize the little things in their life that make it all worth while!

Smile, be kind to others, and love like there's no tomorrow xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with me! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! I'd love for you to link up if you find yourself in the space to! I find your journey and words to be inspiring! Thank you for sharing yourself with us!!!

      Delete

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...