"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Love's Divine

Love heals. It's raw and pure. Giving love and sending it to all corners of the Earth. Feeling the sadness and horror that is gripping Japan today. My heart aches. My head aches.

Lent. A time to pray, fast, and give......to be closer to God as we know him/her/it. Being a few dozen countries away from Japan doesn't make it easy to help out. I can't just walk over or fly over and give them our clothes, cook them food, share a hug, or even hold their hand.......but, I can offer them my love from a distance while holding them in the Light. I can realize that all that I have can be taken away in a matter of moments and I could be left with nothing. No family, no material objects, my life. So I will fast from selfishness and taking my life for granted. I will give them what money I can because that will help someone. I will give them my love through prayer and thoughts of goodwill. I will give them my heart, my tears, and my hope that Life will be OK again.

Love......Love's Divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...