"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Unexpected


So as Life would have it, I've been fighting an uphill battle. Reading this book by Debbie Ford has created an unusual string of circumstances. None that are any less unappreciated than the other. It's been wonderful. The bottom line is, I don't think it has anything to do with the book.

Sometimes I think that when we are distracted from the path we are trying to walk it is because something bigger than us is wanting us to maintain the status quo. Something bigger than us doesn't want us to succeed, change our course, feel different, be different.......I'm sure you get the idea. Then there are the times when I feel like we are distracted because this path just is NOT the one we are meant to walk. At this moment, that is the conclusion I am coming to. I am not meant to continue, for now, on this path of discovery while following the guidelines within these book by Debbie Ford. Quite frankly, I'm not surprised. The things she's suggested have been lessons I've learned eons ago. I know what she's saying. So for me......it's old hat. I can't regurgitate information by reading something that has little meaning to me, as the lessons are cold and empty without any sort of experience to go with them. So......I bid the farewell. No longer will I blog on the readings of Debbie Ford. I feel as though if any of you, who might still be reading, are receiving any type of knowledge or feeling that Life is better having known what she's said, then......let me know and I will send you my books!!!

I'm not giving up! I just feel like without the chains that come with those books, my life is so much MORE......well......enjoyable. I'm not feeling the pressure of a contract that I should have with myself. I am clear with my intention that This Year will be the BEST year of my Life......regardless if I follow the steps within those books.

Let me give you a glimpse of how I know this already:

* I have decided to begin training for my first ever triathlon. This includes biking, swimming and running daily. Things I haven't done in upwards of 15 years. And it's wonderful!!!!!!

* I am baking and have decided to go to Farmer's Markets with my offerings.

* I am dreaming again when I sleep which is something that hasn't happened in 2 years or so.

* I am creating more joy in my life buy simply spending time with dear friends.....which, again, I haven't done in 2 years or more.

* I am actively participating in my Church, which I have been doing for 3 years now, but taking on more responsibility.

These are just a few of the things that have come to pass that have already made this year better than the last. And I don't have to thank those books for these changes in my Life. I get to Thank just.......ME! That's what sealed the deal. I already know how to make my Life better.......we all do. We don't need the help of people who cash in on other people's suffering. Debbie Ford has ostensibly made her millions on folks who have forgotten them selves. We are ALL able to be found. It's just a matter of seeking that within ourselves......not from someone else. Now, I'm not necessarily knocking Debbie Ford and her millions, just that, for me......how silly of me to think I couldn't do this on my own. I didn't give myself enough credit for the things I have experienced and learned in this lifetime. I've had teachers, mentors, friends, who have shown me time and time again what a precious gift Life is and how we are all living to Remember Who We Are.

And I'm Remembering.......you will too!

The Unexpected has happened, and I'm thrilled. So......if you're with me......put down those books and start experiencing your Life. Get up! Go out! Do what you have always been "meaning" to do.......and this year will automatically be better than last year!

~ Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...